- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
13,697 eligible for Vahan Mitra aid in Nellore
District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu said 13,697 drivers out of 13,792 people who had applied for assistance under Vahana Mitra scheme were found to be eligible.
Nellore: District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu said 13,697 drivers out of 13,792 people who had applied for assistance under Vahana Mitra scheme were found to be eligible. He addressed at the inauguration of the programme in the district on Friday and said the government had planned to support the people who are running own vehicle with low-income sources.
He said they are distributing Rs. 10,000 to each driver which will be deposited into their bank accounts. He said the district administration is collecting the details of vehicle owners.
Nellore Rural Legislator K Sridhar Reddy said that Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy provided the support of Rs. 10,000 where no other state government is implementing such an excellent scheme.
He said traffic police have to behave respectfully with auto and cab drivers and asked them not to harass drivers. Police have to take corrective measures rather than penalising the drivers with huge amounts, he said.
Local leaders PRK Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Transport Department K Mallikarjun Reddy, RTO P Susheela, Traffic DSP A Mallikarjuna Rao and others were present.