- Ishan Kishan makes an unremarkable return to competitive cricket in DY Patil T20 Cup
- Hindu vote becomes a factor in US elections
- Jarange-Patil's fall from grace: Maha SIT to probe 7-month Maratha agitation
- PVL Season 3: Karnataka's Ashamat Ullah, a runaway finding home with volleyball
- 'K’taka Cong spent Rs 100 on publicity', LoP Ashoka slams state govt over conference on Constituion
- IND v ENG: McCullum pleads for more games for Bashir, Hartley with County Clubs
- Chandini Chowdary’sfirst look of cop drama-thriller ‘Yevam’ unveiled
- Tamil Nadu has given me unconditional love: PM Modi
- Healthtech startup Zeno Health raises $25 mnc
- Ex-SC Judge Justice AM Khanwilkar Appointed As Lokpal Chairperson
1.6 crore sanctioned for repairs of tribal residential schools: MV Seshagiri Babu
District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu said on Friday that a baseline survey of tribal population would be taken up in the district for their overall development.
Nellore: District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu said on Friday that a baseline survey of tribal population would be taken up in the district for their overall development. Participating in the World Adivasi Day celebrations here, the Collector and said there are 2.85 lakh tribals in the district as per 2011 census and details have to be collected regarding their socio-economic conditions.
He stated that the baseline survey would help in getting basic information for planning future programmes. "Rs 1.6 crore was sanctioned for taking up repairs to the tribal residential schools in the district," he mentioned and added that the State government is taking care of tribals through various schemes.
Now, they are being given 200 units of power at free of cost. Babu stated that they would develop skills among tribal youth to place them in jobs. Cultural activities organised on the occasion have enthralled the audience.
ITDA Project Officer Rosireddy, DEO A Janardhanacharyulu, State President of the Yanadi Association Kudumula Ramachandraiah and others were present.