- Shivaji to Netaji: The legacy of two great heroes will be rekindled
- Home Ministry gives Z+ security to Congress' Mallikarjun Kharge
- Palestinian death toll rises to 29,410
- IRCTC ties up with Swiggy Foods for meals on trains
- Excise policy case: Delhi court extends Manish Sisodia's judicial custody
- Samyukta Kisan Morcha to hold tractor march on Feb 26, 'mahapanchayat' in Delhi on March 14
- IIT Hyderabad and JICA unite to nourish Design Innovation JICA Chair Lecture Series concludes successfully
- Imran wants IMF aid to Pakistan stalled over 'rigged' elections
- Transformative Collaboration: ASIP and IIT Hyderabad Forge Path for IC Packaging & Testing Education and Innovation
- YouTube Offers Free 3-Month Premium Subscription Plan: How to Avail
3-member chain snatching gang held in Visakhapatnam
A three-member chain snatching gang including a woman was arrested and sent for remand by the Gajuwaka crime police on Wednesday. Surprisingly, the accused woman supported her son and a close relative in the crime. The accused committed 51 chain snatching offences in the city since 2017.
Visakhapatnam: A three-member chain snatching gang including a woman was arrested and sent for remand by the Gajuwaka crime police on Wednesday. Surprisingly, the accused woman supported her son and a close relative in the crime. The accused committed 51 chain snatching offences in the city since 2017.
Detailing about the case at a media conference, Commissioner of Police Mahesh Chandra Laddah said that accused one A Chandrasekhara Reddy and accused two C Gopinath were habituated to luxury lifestyle and to gain easy money, they started chain snatchings at various places in Gajuwaka areas. Chandrasekhara Reddy committed 22 chain snatchings while Gopinath involved in 11 offences. Later, they jointly committed 18 similar offences. Chandrasekhara Reddy studied B Tech and Gopinath pursued a diploma. Chandrasekhara Reddy's father was working in Visakhapatnam Steel Plant. Surprisingly Chandrasekhara Reddy's mother and accused three A Saroja supported the crime, the commissioner said.
As number of chain snatching cases increasing in the city, special teams were deployed and with the help of CCTV footage, the police found that Chandrasekhara Reddy and Gopinath were committing the offences and taken into custody. In the past three years, the accused snatched 1,382.90 grams of gold chains and the police recovered 1,142.50 grams of ornaments from the accused. The police also recovered five motorbikes from the accused of them two bikes were stolen property. The accused were sent for remand. Further investigation is on.