- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
- PM kickstarts LS polls campaign from 'lucky Yavatmal', slams UPA regime's graft
- Congress to make declaration on special category status to Andhra
- J&K Muslim Conference's both factions declared unlawful associations
- Nifty logs its biggest point and per cent loss in 25 sessions
- KIUG 2023: Chandigarh University men, Adamas University women clinch badminton team golds
- Hyundai Motor India commits to reach RE100 benchmark by 2025, targeting 100 pc use of renewable energy
- Check out 5 Series & Documentaries To watch On This National Science Day
- 7 in 10 digital devices people use saw ownership drop globally in 2023: Report
- STEM education: How advancement in tech taking major impact on students
5,000 kg ganja worth Rs 3 cr seized in Visakhapatnam
The Narsipatnam Town Police seized huge quantity of ganja which is being smuggled at Nellimetta village near Narsipatnam.
Visakhapatnam: The Narsipatnam Town Police seized huge quantity of ganja which is being smuggled at Nellimetta village near Narsipatnam.
The ganja was packed in gunny bags and kept under animal feed bags and being transported from Malkangiri of Odisha to Tuni of East Godavari district.
As a part of the regular vehicle checks, the police stopped the fully loaded lorry and inquired about the material in the lorry.
On suspect, the police unloaded the entire bags and found about 5,000 kgs of ganja worth of about Rs.3 crore.
The police caught D Santhosh, Kundan Goud and Rajumanji of Odisha, who are travelling in the vehicle.
This is for the first time in the past one year that such a big quantum of ganja being caught.
Narsipatnam Town police station inspector S Lakshmana Rao investigating the case.