- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
- Welcome CBI's PE into renovation of Delhi Chief Minister Kejriwal's residence issue, says AAP
- Maharashtra govt has turned Mantralaya into cage Congress leader slams Shinde-led dispensation
- Ayodhya Temple Construction Efforts Expand to Include Flower Beds with Unique Nagalinga Flowers
- Ex-MP Sameer Bhujbal appointed rival NCP’s Mumbai unit chief
- 46 students from Manipur admitted to Kerala colleges: Vijayan
Andhra Pradesh govt reduces MCA course to two years from 2020-21
The government of Andhra Pradesh has given as good news to AP students who wants to pursue Master of Computer Applications.
The government of Andhra Pradesh has given as good news to AP students who wants to pursue Master of Computer Applications. The government has made a key decision to reduce the course duration by one year and has issued orders shortening the three-year course to two years.
The state government has said in the directives that the new policy will be implemented from the 2020-21 academic year. It directed the VCs to formulate a relevant curriculum. It is learnt that AICTE has also reduced the MCA course to two years in the past.
Therefore hereafter, MCA can be obtained by completing two years (4 semesters) instead of three years (6 semesters). AICTE has decided to this extent due to the declining popularity of the MCA course. It is learnt that the UGC had last year approved the MCA course duration reduction proposal.