- BetterPlace partners Microsoft to empower frontline workers across Asia
- Putin 'may try to blow up largest nuclear plant in Europe, warns Ukraine
- Free travel guarantee for women: Private bus owners protest
- YS Jagan denies early elections speculation, says YSRCP would win again
- MSP For Paddy Hiked
- AP EAPCET 2023 results are likely to be released in the next week
- OTT streaming of Naga Chaitanya-starrer ‘Custody’ locked for June 9
- ChatGPT banned for Apple employees, but Tim Cook uses it
- Flipkart's Big Saving Days: Unbelievable Discounts on Newly Launched Blaupunkt TVs
- Chinese Snooker Association vows to issue harsh punishment towards players over match-fixing
Andhra Pradesh: Hundreds of lorries trapped in Krishna river
- Lorries stranded in Krishna river in Nandigama
- The lorry drivers went into the Krishna river to load the sand on Friday night
Around 132 lorries and JCBs were trapped in flash floods in the Krishna river on Saturday here at Chevitikallu of Nandigama constituency of Krishna district. Lorry drivers alleged that the officials have released the water without prior information.
The lorry drivers went into the Krishna river to load the sand on Friday night when the vehicles trapped in the floods. The lorry drivers reacted swiftly and rescued themselves. However, the workers and cleaners who were sleeping in the lorries and tractors were stranded.
The police, revenue and fire department officials rushed to the spot and launched rescue measures. Meanwhile, efforts are also underway to bring some of the lorry drivers and cleaners to the shore.