Around 50 shops gutted at market
Almost all the shops were gutted and reduced to ashes at PWD market in Vizianagaram on Sunday night
Vizianagaram: Around 50 shops were gutted and reduced to ashes at the Public Works Department (PWD) market here on Sunday night. Grocery shops like onions provisions and timber, plywood shops (around 40) were burnt and nobody could control the flames as the incident occurred at midnight.
Within a few minutes, the flames have covered the entire market and burnt all the shops. The loss is estimated around Rs.10 lakhs. Early on Monday morning municipal chairman P Ramakrishna along with officers visited the market and directed the concerned staff to estimate actual loss occurred. They are suspecting that electric short circuit might be the reason behind the accident. The small traders have lost their stock including cash and they are in a shock. They appeal the government to extend support for them.
- Election Commission transfers seven Bengal police officers
- Third phase polling on Tuesday across 15 states
- Army jawans don't counts bodies, only eagles do: Rajnath Singh
- AMMK wants Election Commission to allow agents 24x7 in EVM centres till counting day
- AMMK releases list of candidates for elections in TN