- Successful franchise ‘Drishyam’ sparks Hollywood remake collaboration
- Central government approved rooftop solar scheme worth Rs 75 thousand crore
- Sree Vishnu’s Birthday Treat: Geetha Arts Unveils Collaboration for ‘SV18’
- RK Roja takes jibe at Pawan Kalyan, flays for contesting in 24 seats only
- Government Utilizes Technology to Safeguard Public Assets in Davangere
- Daily Forex Rates (29-02-2024)
- Films, Content and AI: Amitabh Bachchan, RGV engages in thought-provoking conversations
- Raashi Khanna dazzles in stylish promotional look for ‘Yodha’
- Only Bhansali can make you do 8 rounds in a 30-kg costume: Richa Chadha
- Kajol, Kriti Sanon set for a face-off in ‘Do Patti’
Arrangements reviewed in Guntur, Prakasam districts
Both the Guntur and Prakasam district administrations have made elaborate arrangements to conduct repolling in the districts on Monday.
Guntur/Ongole: Both the Guntur and Prakasam district administrations have made elaborate arrangements to conduct repolling in the districts on Monday. In Guntur, the district administration made arrangements for repolling at polling booth no 244 in Guntur West Assembly and at polling booth no 94 in Narasaraopet Assembly constituency.
Collector Kona Sasidhar, Urban SP Ch Vijaya Rao, Municipal Corporation Commissioner Srikesh B Lathkar and Guntur West Assembly Returning Officer AVNS Murthy visited the polling booth no 244 in Guntur West constituency and reviewed the arrangements. Following directions of the district collector, officials set up CC cameras, barricades and made arrangement to supply drinking water and butter milk in the polling booth.
They also set up pandals on the polling booth premises due to summer. Director General of Police R P Thakur, Additional DGP Ravinshankar Ayyanar reviewed the arrangements for repolling in Guntur district. The officials have distributed voters slips to the voters. Joint collector and Narasaraopet Parliament constituency returning officer Himanshu Shukla and Rural SP S V Rajasekar Babu reviewed the arrangements at polling booth at 94 in Narasaraopet.
Collector Kona Sasidhar imposed Section-144 as a precautionary measure in the district to ensure free and fair polling. He warned that more than five persons should not move together or carry fire arms and weapons in the district. The police officials stepped up vigilance on the movements of suspects to check untoward incidents.
Meanwhile in Prakasam district, Collector Vadarevu Vinay Chand visited the Kalanuthala village, where the repolling at polling station number 247 of Yerragondapalem Assembly constituency and conducted a review meeting with the officials at RDO office on Sunday.
Speaking with all concerned poll staff, Vinay Chand asked them to strictly follow the instructions issued by the ECI. He ordered them to conduct mock polling early and start original polling by 07.00 am and allow polling up to 06.00 pm. He also directed them to video record the mock poll and sealing of EVMs. He informed them the indelible ink should be applied to middle finger of voter and to index finger for assistant coming with physically handicapped voters.