- 'Coarse gender discrimination': SC on termination of woman from army on marriage
- Two guarantees to be implemented within a week: Telangana CM
- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
Better services to pilgrims with PWFS: JEO B Lakshmikantham.
The newly introduced Pilgrim Welfare Facilitation Service, (PWFS) aims at bettering the services being offered by TTD to pilgrims in Tirumala said Tirumala In-charge JEO B Lakshmikantham.
Tirumala: The newly introduced Pilgrim Welfare Facilitation Service, (PWFS) aims at bettering the services being offered by TTD to pilgrims in Tirumala said Tirumala In-charge JEO B Lakshmikantham.
The JEO, who inspected VQC compartments, on Wednesday interacted with pilgrims and Srivari Sevakulu, who are rendering the services in VQC 2. Later, he also inspected the functioning of Parakamani and observed the mechanism of folding roof in Srivari temple.
After the inspection, speaking to the media persons outside Tirumala temple, the JEO said, the PWFS is yielding satisfactory results. "The services by volunteers at help desks, milk distribution and PWFS is incredible. We want to strengthen it further for better results," he added.
Under the PWFS, a volunteer or a group of volunteers deputed remain in each compartment in the queue complex to assist the pilgrims waiting for darshan and facilitate prompt supply of food items and other requirements and also time-to-time inform the pilgrims about the approximate time of darshan to avoid anxiety among the waiting pilgrims.
Speaking about Parakamani, the JEO said under the instructions of TTD EO Anil Kumar Singhal, required number of staff deputed to carry out the backlog works. "We have also selected able-bodied mazdoors, who have retired from service to collect and carry the coin currency bags and ensure that there is no pending in counting and accounting process," he stated.
The JEO said that he inspected the functioning of the retractable roof. "I have directed the officials concerned to complete the work on all sides providing shelter to pilgrims during inclement weather conditions, the JEO said.