- Karthikeya 2 Star Nikhil Siddhartha Welcomes Baby Boy with Wife Pallavi
- Kadapa Congress leaders slams YS Jagan for supressing their voices
- Tenant killed during demolition of house in Hyderabad
- LS polls: Kumaraswamy meets Amit Shah, discusses seat-sharing in Karnataka
- Meta expands Instagram's creator marketplace to new markets, including India
- My11Circle Outbids Dream11 in IPL sponsorship, signalling shift in fantasy gaming dominance
- Congress govt has no money to pay salaries to employees: Karnataka BJP chief
- England played a lot of fun cricket, but they need to play smart cricket, says Mark Ramprakash
- US asks Pakistan to respect freedom of expression, end social media curbs
- Debinna Bonnerjee croons 'Khamoshiyan' as hubby Gurmeet turns 40
Bonhomie at Cabinet meet
CS expresses happiness to be part of 108th cabinet meet
Amaravati: After all the acrimony and war of words, both Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and chief secretary LV Subramanyam were seen laughing and exchanging notes on the issues that came up for discussion at the cabinet meeting held here on Tuesday.
The CS greeted all the ministers, before the cabinet meet started.
After the arrival of Chief Minister into the cabinet meeting hall, CS cordially invited him and started presentation on the agenda by saying that he was happy to be part of the 108th cabinet meeting of Chandrababu Naidu government.
He also noted that the total number of three digits 108 is 9 and auspicious for all. Naidu reacted saying it is good for all.
Later, talking to reporters, Minister for Agriculture Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy said that they have no issue with chief secretary L V Subramanyam.
In the last five years, the relationship between the government and the officials has been very good and that is why the state could achieve so much progress despite hurdles created by the Centre.
He said their problem was with the Election Commission, which had under the directions of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, tried to stifle the functioning of a duly elected government in the name of model code of conduct.
The EC virtually wanted us to remain silent even when natural Cyclone Fani had hit the state and when people were reeling under drought conditions in certain parts of the state.
Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy said that the Panchayat Raj department has reached all the targets and achieved first rank in the country in many parameters in NREGA, for which Cabinet appreciated the department.
Reacting on the funds problem for some departments, Chandrababu Naidu suggested to wait for these ten days, as Model Code of Conduct is in force.
Naidu appreciated the efforts of the officials in ensuring that AP stood at No 1 position in five parameters and at second position in six parameters.
Reddy said the cabinet meeting reviewed the drinking water problems being faced by the people in various parts of the state, weather conditions and progress of NREGA works.
He said the chief minister directed the officials not to worry about funds for resolving drinking water problem.