- ‘Fouja’ hits theatres; Karthik Dammu’s ‘Angad’ moves audiences to tears
- Cambodia's Angkor attracts 344,757 int'l tourists in 5 months
- Thiruvananthapuram International Airport sees 26 % increase in passenger growth
- Telangana HC quashes land allotment to foundation headed by BRS MP
- BJP lost in Himachal, Karnataka polls due to Modi's stubbornness: Raj CM Ashok Gehlot
- Wrestlers resume duties with Railways, Sakshi refutes reports of withdrawing from protest
- Mongolia has welcomed over 216,000 foreign tourists in 2023
- How to Identify Malicious Apps on Google Play and App Store
- Android users at risk: SpinOk Trojan Malware found in 100 apps in Google Play
- World Environment Day 2023: Happy World Environment Day Messages
Centre committed for completion of Polavaram project, says union minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat said the Modi government is committed to completing the Polavaram project as promised to the people of Andhra Pradesh and that it was their responsibility to complete the Polavaram.
Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat said the Modi government is committed to completing the Polavaram project as promised to the people of Andhra Pradesh and that it was their responsibility to complete the Polavaram. He along with Chief Minister YS Jagan toured Polavaram rehabilitation villages. He first met the residents of Indukurupeta 1 in East Godavari district and then conducted a review with the Thaduvai resettlers in West Godavari district.
Union Minister Shekhawat said that the resettlement colony was good and appreciated the better facilities provided to the displaced. He said the centre is committed to the development of Andhra Pradesh and would complete the Polavaram project as promised. He said he would tour again before the project is completed and later spoke to the resettlement colony residents and learned of their problems.
Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy said that if Polavaram is completed, Andhra Pradesh will be more verdant and the Centre needs to take the initiative and complete it soon. Authorities were ordered to pay more attention to the work of the rehabilitation colony. The chief minister said that the state government has also promised to help the displaced along with the central package. The Union Minister, CM, and State Water Resources Minister Anil Kumar Yadav were also present on the occasion.