- Free travel guarantee for women: Private bus owners protest
- YS Jagan denies early elections speculations, says YSRCP would win again
- MSP For Paddy Hiked
- AP EAPCET 2023 results are likely to be released in the next week
- OTT streaming of Naga Chaitanya-starrer ‘Custody’ locked for June 9
- ChatGPT banned for Apple employees, but Tim Cook uses it
- Flipkart's Big Saving Days: Unbelievable Discounts on Newly Launched Blaupunkt TVs
- Chinese Snooker Association vows to issue harsh punishment towards players over match-fixing
- How to ensure food safety at home
- Samsung may bring dust resistance feature to Galaxy Z Fold 5, Z Flip 5
Eluru Corp triumph result of people-friendly govt: YSRCP
Andhra Pradesh government Advisor, Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy on Monday said the Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party
Amaravati: Andhra Pradesh government Advisor, Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy on Monday said the Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party's (YSRCP) landslide victory in the Eluru urban local body elections is a result of the people friendly government.
He said this triumph is the result of good governance irrespective of religion, caste and political affiliation.
"Eluru election result has proved this fact," said Reddy while taking stock of the results in which the ruling YSRCP won 47 divisions.
The poll results prove that people will remember their rulers if they were served well, he added.
Though the voting for the Eluru civic body was held along with other local body polls five months ago, the votes were counted on Sunday.
Reddy said people blessed the ruling YSRCP with more vote share than the 2019 state Assembly polls.
Eluru voting proved that people want Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy as their leader, he added.
Senior YSRCP leader and Rajya Sabha MP, V. Vijayasai Reddy said the ruling YSRCP created a record by winning all municipal corporations in the state.
"Anti-incumbency is there in yellow media but not among people. Opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) has been reduced to just single digits," said Vijayasai Reddy about TDP's victory in only three divisions.
He predicted that similar results will be repeated during the 2024 state Assembly polls.