- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Former Minister flays river linkage projects taken up by TDP government
Former Minister Vatti Vasantha Kumar said that after his long fight at the National Green Tribunal (NGT) against the previous TDP government's river linkage projects of Godavari, Krishna and Penna, the NGT had issued stay orders on the projects.
Visakhapatnam: Former Minister Vatti Vasantha Kumar said that after his long fight at the National Green Tribunal (NGT) against the previous TDP government's river linkage projects of Godavari, Krishna and Penna, the NGT had issued stay orders on the projects. The Ministry of Environment is preparing a report and will be submitted to the NGT shortly, he said.
Addressing media persons here on Saturday, Vasanth Kumar said that the TDP government had taken up the lift irrigation projects in the name of river linkage projects to earn the easy money and risking the lives of farmers in the Delta area.
"As a farmer of the Delta region, I filed a case in the NGT and the NGT on Friday released orders saying that the state government should not go ahead with the project without getting clearances from the Cental Water Commission (CWC), Ministry of the Environment, Forest and Climate Change," Vasanth Kumar said.
Not following the guidelines and transparency in the lift irrigation projects, the state government had involved in several irregularities in the projects, Vasanth Kumar alleged.