- TDP may field Vemireddy Prashanthi in Kovuru
- CM to launch ‘Vision Vizag’ today
- Tips to help children maintain a healthy weight
- Panchakarla says people will teach YSRCP a befitting lesson
- Kala, Atchanna turn centres of TDP politics
- The rise in women seeking online skill trainings in past 5 yrs : Survey
- YSRCP dismisses Prashant Kishor prediction on Jagan’s defeat
- Meri Bharat Mera Parivar: Modi debunks 'no family' jibe of Lalu
- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
Gangavaram Port celebrates World Environment Day
The port planted more than 5,000 saplings during the environmental week in and around Gangavaram Port
Visakhapatnam: Gangavaram Port Limited, India's deepest and multi-purpose port celebrated the World Environment Day by initiating a weeklong green belt development and awareness programme at the port premises to express their commitment towards environmental protection and sustainability.
This year's theme for the World Environment Day 2019 was 'Beat Air Pollution.' Adopting this theme, Gangavaram Port is working towards curbing the air pollution & conducting various activities focused on creating awareness on air pollution
Gangavaram Port senior officials and employees voluntarily participated in the 'Green Rally' event organised by AP Pollution Control Board, Visakhapatnam. The event was flagged off at Kali Mata Temple and was attended by people from all walks of life. Gangavaram Port began the Environment Day celebrations from May 31 till June 5 by conducting awareness programmes on air pollution in villages like Gandhinagar, HB colony, Vuda colony Phase-2, Gangavaram village etc. As part of the celebrations the staff and the management of the port initiated the green drive by planting more than 45,000 saplings, with a pledge to plant more than 1,00,000 saplings in the port premises and neighbourhood area during the year. The port management also undertook environmental awareness programmes, workshops as part of week-long Environment Day celebrations.
The programme was inaugurated by Gajuwaka MLA Tippala Nagi Reddy, CEO Sambasiva Rao, COO V Janardhan Rao, Director (S&P) C S Raju, Vice President, Vigilance (R&R and Security) B Balakrishna, L P S Ramu Naidu, Dr D Jyothi, Vice President (Environment) and along with key staff members from the port.