- INDIA bloc conceded defeat: Modi
- Guntur: Students told to focus on research
- Rahul’s Cambridge visit for lectures in poll season raises many eyebrows
- Hoax message delays Kolkata flight
- 3 Bihar Opposition MLAs ‘crossover’
- Energy dept bags 2 national awards
- British Airways supervisor on the run in India
- Abu Dhabi's Hindu temple to open for public from March 1
- Japanese firm ties up with Biological E to make dengue vaccine
- Rajamahendravaram: ‘Financial Literacy Week’ commences
Gold seized at Visakhapatnam airport
The Customs officers of Air Intelligence unit at Visakhapatnam International Airport caught three Indian passengers carrying gold in the form of paste in their rectum on Thursday.
Visakhapatnam: The Customs officers of Air Intelligence unit at Visakhapatnam International Airport caught three Indian passengers carrying gold in the form of paste in their rectum on Thursday.
Of the four passengers who were flying from Dubai to Visakhapatnam via Hyderabad by Air India flight, three passengers admitted that carried gold in the paste form worth Rs.45.06 lakh. the officers recovered 1295.83 grams of gold and two gold chains of 50.46 grams on enquiry.
One of the international passengers, who travelled from Dubai to Visakhapatnam, handed over the gold to domestic passengers in Hyderabad to mislead the customs on arrival at Visakhapatnam
airport. Further investigation is on.
The customs officers were instructed to keep a strict vigil on the passengers arriving at Visakhapatnam airport.
Earlier, customs officials had seized 554.8 grams of gold from two passengers travelling from Dubai last month.