- First-ever AI musical concert held at VIT-AP University
- CEC flags off cyclothon, walkathon in Hyderabad for voter awareness
- Actress Gayatri Joshi, realtor hubby Vikas Oberoi survive Lamborghini crash in Italy
- Adobe brings Photoshop on web to new Google Chromebook Plus devices
- Nampally CBI court adjourns hearing on YS Viveka murder case to October 16
- Pawan’s foray into T electoral politics raises heat
- Congress poll panel co-chair makes bold promises
- 1.10 L voter-related problems solved in Eluru district
- Hyderabad: Poll-wary Asad takes up development works in Old City
- YS Jagan virtually inaugurates food processing unit in the state
Guntur: Tobacco crop production target to be decided on Aug 18
The 151st general body meeting of the Tobacco Board held at the board office in Guntur city on Wednesday decided to fix the crop size for 2020-21 in Andhra Pradesh at its next meeting to be held on August 18.
Guntur: The 151st general body meeting of the Tobacco Board held at the board office in Guntur city on Wednesday decided to fix the crop size for 2020-21 in Andhra Pradesh at its next meeting to be held on August 18.
Following the request of the State government officials, the board took this decision.
The board discussed on the detail requests of the tobacco growers and grower representatives, indents given by the manufacturers and exports through the Indian Tobacco Association, domestic demand and demand in the international market for tobacco.
Speaking to The Hans India, Tobacco Board chairman Yadlapati Raghunath Babu said, "The AP State Cooperative Marketing Federation Limited is purchasing tobacco from the farmers in the backdrop of falling of tobacco prices to extend helping hand to the ryots. We have taken the suggestions of the State government officials and we will fix the crop in the meeting to be held on August 18."
Raghunath Babu chaired the meeting. MP Bandi Sanjay Kumar, Tobacco Board Executive Director R Muthuraj, Special Chief Secretary (Agriculture) Poonam Malakondaiah, Special Chief Secretary (Marketing) Y Madhusudhan Reddy, Agriculture Marketing Commissioner P S Pradyumna, Official from the Union Ministry of Commerce Neetika Bansal, Tobacco Board secretary A Sridhar Babu and Indian Tobacco Association president Maddi Venkateswara Rao, were among those participated in the meeting.