- Zoomtopia 2023: One platform delivering limitless human connection
- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
Is BJP focussing attention on AP?
The central leadership of Bharatiya Janata Party seems to have decided to lay special focus on Andhra Pradesh.
The Union Minister Amit Shah would be visiting the port city on June 8. He would address a huge public meeting. Party leaders claim that Shah would not only explain what the Centre had done for the state in last eight years project wise but would also give a direction to the state unit on how to gear up for the general elections due to be held next year.
The possibility of giving a clarity on the stand of BJP towards the ruling party is also possible, party leaders add. It may be recalled that the party has not been aggressive in the field and the leaders only confine to make some comments against the state government and its policies.
The core committee of the state BJP would be meeting on Saturday to finalise the programmes to be organised during the visit of the Amit Shah. BJP national president J P Nadda will also be participating in the public meeting.