- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Kakinada: Collector D Muralidhar Reddy shares midday meal with students
District Collector D Muralidhar Reddy shared midday meal with students at Zilla Parishad High School at Indrapalem in Kakinada Rural mandal on Tuesday.
Kakinada: District Collector D Muralidhar Reddy shared midday meal with students at Zilla Parishad High School at Indrapalem in Kakinada Rural mandal on Tuesday.
Speaking on the occasion, the Collector said that Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy has changed the menu of the midday meals scheme to provide nutritious food to students and improve attendance in schools. The CM also launched Amma Vodi scheme and providing financial assistance to their mothers to send them to school.
He said the quality of food would be tested frequently and added same variety of food cooked everyday cannot be served to children. If the food items are changed everyday, children would like the food, he said and added the menu has been scheduled separately for weekdays. Monday - rice, dal and egg curry, Tuesday - Puliohara, tomato dal, egg, Wednesday - vegetable rice, potato curry and egg, Thursday - Kichidi, tomato chutney and egg, Friday - rice, leafy vegetable curry and egg, Saturday - rice sambar and pongali. Later, he inspected the schoolrooms and premises. DEO S Abraham, MEO Ganesh Babu and others were present.