- India on a rampage
- 10 Effective Remedies to Combat Hair Frizziness and Achieve Smoother Locks
- Tension grips TDP, JSP aspirants in Vizag
- YSRCP mulls shifting Narayana Swamy from GD Nellore
- Members of 600 families join TDP in Mangalagiri
- Shanmukh Jaswanth cites depression as reason for ganja consumption; video gets leaked
- PM dedicates AIIMS Mangalagiri to the nation
- Upcoming elections crucial for future of AP, says Naidu
- Chief Minister to inaugurate Kuppam branch canal today
- Chiranjeevi’s ‘Vishwambhara’ shooting update: Team progresses with an active schedule
Kurnool: 8 hurt as communities clash over harassment of minor girl
- Banaganapalle Circle Inspector B Suresh Kumar Reddy says one Venkata Raju, a teenager was reportedly harassing the daughter of Rama Chandrudu at Cherlopalle village in Owk mandal
- When Rama Chandrudu intercepted Venkata Raju on the issue, a clash broke out between them
Kurnool: Eight persons sustained serious injuries in a clash that broke out between the two communities at Cherlopalle village in Owk mandal on Sunday over the alleged harassment of minor girl.
The injured were all shifted to Banaganapalli hospital and two of them were referred to Kurnool government general hospital for better treatment.
According to information, one Rama Chandrudu with his wife and three children, two daughters and a boy were residing at Cherlopalle village. They were eking out livelihood as agriculture labourers. In the same village, one Venkata Raju and his family members were also residing.
For some time Venkata Raju was reportedly harassing the daughter of Rama Chandrudu in the name of love. Rama Chandrudu, who reportedly came to know about the issue, intercepted Venkata Raju while crossing his house on Sunday and warned to mend his attitude else he has to face the serious consequences.
An argument broke out between Rama Chandrudu and Venkata Raju has resulted in attack on each other. Meanwhile the family members of Venkata Raju on learning about the attack rushed to the spot in large numbers and attacked Rama Chandrudu and his family members with sticks and iron rods, stated a source.
In the incident the girl's parents, Rama Chandrudu, Chennaiah, Jaya Lakshmi, Rama Krishna, Rajesekhar were seriously injured and five more suffered simple injuries. On the other side, Venkata Raju, Nagesh, Veeranjaneyulu and three more also sustained injuries. All the injured were rushed to Banaganapalli government hospital. Rama Chandrudu and Chennaiah were again referred to Kurnool government general hospital for better treatment.
Banaganapalle Circle Inspector B Suresh Kumar Reddy told The Hans India that one Venkata Raju, a teenager was reportedly harassing the daughter of Rama Chandrudu. When Venkata Raju was told to mend his behaviour, a quarrel took place between them. In the incident, around five persons sustained simple injuries.
A case under section 324 IPC was filed based on the complaint lodged by the girl's family members and taken up investigation. No one was grievously hurt in the attack. All are out of danger. No one is arrested so far, stated the Circle Inspector B Suresh Kumar Reddy.