- Ishan Kishan makes an unremarkable return to competitive cricket in DY Patil T20 Cup
- Hindu vote becomes a factor in US elections
- Jarange-Patil's fall from grace: Maha SIT to probe 7-month Maratha agitation
- PVL Season 3: Karnataka's Ashamat Ullah, a runaway finding home with volleyball
- 'K’taka Cong spent Rs 100 on publicity', LoP Ashoka slams state govt over conference on Constituion
- IND v ENG: McCullum pleads for more games for Bashir, Hartley with County Clubs
- Chandini Chowdary’sfirst look of cop drama-thriller ‘Yevam’ unveiled
- Tamil Nadu has given me unconditional love: PM Modi
- Healthtech startup Zeno Health raises $25 mnc
- Ex-SC Judge Justice AM Khanwilkar Appointed As Lokpal Chairperson
Minister assures measures to prevent illegal sand transportation in Nellore
Water Resources Minister Anil Kumar Yadav says they are revising a web application intended to facilitate sand distribution to people
Nellore: Minister for Water Resources Dr P Anil Kumar Yadav said that they would revise the web application being used for sand distribution in the State. The Minister said the problem will be fixed in the app to see that only people within the district can procure sand using the application.
He also said that they were taking measures to resolve sand issues in the city. He held a review meeting with District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu, Joint Collector Vinod Kumar, SP Aishwarya Rastogi and others at Pinakini Guest House on Wednesday and said the State government had recently brought a transparent sand policy for the benefit of people.
He said the main aim of the government was to prevent illegal transportation of sand and also said that Nellore and Srikakulam in the State are major resources for sand.
The Minister directed the Collector and SP to book cases against anyone who violates the guidelines. He suggested searching for additional resources in the district at Kodurupadu and Swarnamukhi areas for meeting the huge demand. CCTV cameras have been installed at all reaches in the district for preventing illegal transportation of sand, the Minister said.
He also said they had deployed teams to check any irregularities at the reaches and stock yards in the district. He said there is score to identify more sand reserves along Krishna and Godavari rivers in view of the floods.
MP Adala Prabhakar Reddy, city MLA K Sridhar Reddy, Kavali MLA RPK Reddy, Nellore RDO Hussain Saheb, Vijaya Dairy Chairman G Ranga Reddy and others were present.