- Khap Delegation To Meet With President Murmu To Demand Justice For The Protesting Wrestlers
- Rajini’s Jailer wraps up its shoot
- ChatGPT maker OpenAI nears record 1bn unique users monthly: Report
- Rajnikanth to lock horns with Arjun Sarja in Lokesh Kangaraj’s film
- ‘Nikhil 20’ next gets a powerful title
- Nikhil's Latest Movie Swayambhu First Look Out
- Franco Mulakkal Resigns As Jalandhar Bishop
- Telangana Formation Day: TSRTC announces DA to employees, to disburse with June salary
- YS Viveka murder case: YS Bhaskar Reddy moves CBI court for bail
- India: Largest Producer of Milk in the World
MP Gurumoorthy bats for Gudimallam temple renovation
MP Dr M Gurumoorthy held hectic discussions for two days at his office in the city towards modernisation of the famous Gudimallam temple.
Tirupati: MP Dr M Gurumoorthy held hectic discussions for two days at his office in the city towards modernisation of the famous Gudimallam temple. Considered as one of the oldest temples, it was built during Chola and Pallava dynasties during 3rd century BC. Known as Parasurameswara temple, its sanctum has an ancient linga that can be seen phallic in shape.
The temple is located about 30 km away from the pilgrim city in Yerpedu mandal on the banks of Swarnamukhi river. The MP wanted to develop the temple by providing various amenities for devotees and asked the officials to prepare plans. He told them to work in coordination in preparing an action plan.
As part of modernisation, air conditioners will be set up in the temple along with beautification of Pushkarini apart from creating various other facilities. Officials of endowments, tourism, archaeology, engineering departments, temple executive officer and others took part in the discussions.