- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Nellore: Allot house sites to applicants by March 25, officials told
- 8,046 pattas still need to be provided, points out In-Charge Collector MN Harendhira Prasad
- =Directs the tahsildars to speed up land acquisition works of Nadikudi-Srikalahasti railway line
Nellore: In-Charge Collector M N Harendhira Prasad asked the revenue officials to allocate lands in Jagananna layouts by March 25 to whoever applies for house sites in the district.
He reviewed with the tahsildars of Nellore division at Tikkana Pranganam on Wednesday and said that all applicants have to be allotted sites within 90 days as per guidelines of the government and the process has to be speeded up. Still, he said, 8,046 house pattas have to be provided and asked them to complete the activity.
In-charge Collector asked the revenue officials to complete registration of houses by coming Monday for the people who applied and already paid required charges. He asked the officials to collect onetime fee for conversion of agriculture lands and he said only Rs 5.48 crore of water cess has been collected till now against the target of Rs 25.22 crore. He asked them to collect the remaining amount immediately.
Harendhira Prasad said the State government had directed to complete resurvey in 1,201 villages by December 2023 and asked officials to complete the activity in a phased manner.
He directed the tahsildars to speed up land acquisition works of Nadikudi-Srikalahasti railway line works and allocation of lands to APIIC. He said they have received 14,687 objections and claims from people to be incorporated in voters list and they need to be cleared at the earliest.
He asked to keep a check on cases filed in Lok Ayukta and petitions received under the Right to Information Act. DRO B Chinna Obulesu, RDO SK Hussain Saheb, SDC M Das and tahsildars of mandals in the revenue division were present.