- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Nellore: Collector directs civic officials to clean drains from July 10
District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu directed the civic officials to complete cleaning side drains from July 10th to the end of the month.
Nellore: District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu directed the civic officials to complete cleaning side drains from July 10th to the end of the month. Interacting with the municipal commissioners at his camp office, the Collector stated that there should not be any scope for growth of mosquitoes and other insects due to stagnation of water in the drains and asked them to focus on the activity without a lax attitude.
Babu suggested for demolition of any encroachments that prevent the process. He said penalties should be collected from the shopkeepers, hoteliers, and others if they pile up stocks in front of their units. He mentioned only plastic bags above 50 microns should be allowed to use and the rest should be controlled.
The Collector asked to estimate the widening of roads if necessary and prepare a report on such activities for further process. He asked the civic officials to bring the reports on 17th while attending the review meeting. He also inquired on the chances for contamination of drinking water and asked to check possibilities and take measures to provide clean and safe water to the people.
Babu directed to start the activity of cleaning side drains and depute officials for area-wise for monitoring. Nellore Commissioner Alim Basha, Municipal Commissioners Fazlullah, Ravi Kumar, Sivarami Reddy, Srinivas, Ganga Prasad and other engineering officials were present.
Further, he directed the officials to clear grievances received through Spandana within the next 10 days while addressing them through video conference. He said they had received 2,207 grievances since June this year and only 125 were resolved so far.
Babu said majority issues are related to revenue, civil supplies, DRDA and housing that comprise of 70 of total grievances. He paid a surprise visit to the city on Thursday along with civic body officials for inspecting sanitation conditions keeping in view of preventing epidemics.