- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Nellore: Disha Police file chargesheet against the accused
Disha Police in city have filed the charge sheet within 7 days in connection with the case of assaulting a woman employee of the Tourism Hotel in the city. Dargamitta Police transferred it to Disha Police Station after the arrest of the accused on June 30.
Nellore: Disha Police in city have filed the charge sheet within 7 days in connection with the case of assaulting a woman employee of the Tourism Hotel in the city. Dargamitta Police transferred it to Disha Police Station after the arrest of the accused on June 30.
DSP of the DISHA Station U Nagaraju interacted with the media on Saturday and informed that they filed charge sheet on Friday after collecting evidence from eye witnesses.
DISHA Police included some more sections in the charge sheet. They booked under IPC Sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 355 (assault or criminal force with intent to dishonour a person) and 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means), 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation), Sec 509 (Whoever, intending to insult the modesty of any woman, utters any word, makes any sound or gesture, or exhibits any object), and Sec 9 (a) (b) of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
DSP U Nagaraju said that Dargamitta police have transferred the case to them on June 30 and they had visited the AP Tourism Hotel and collected more information from the eyewitnesses. Subsequently added some more sections in the charge sheet and submitted to the Court on Friday (July 3).
It may be recalled that Ch Bhaskar working as Deputy Manager attacked C Usharani, an employee of the AP Tourism Hotel, located in Dargamitta area of Nellore city on June 27 which went viral on social media after two days on June 30. Pravin Kumar, Managing Director of the APTDC, on the directions of the Tourism Minister M Srinivasa Rao, suspended the Deputy Manager Bhaskar who is working in the Nellore Divisional office.