Top

NIT and IIT final year students to write exams from home in Andhra Pradesh

NIT and IIT final year students to write exams from home in Andhra PradeshRepresentational Image
Highlights

The NITs and IITs have reportedly decided to conduct the online examinations for B. Tech final year students to avoid academic year loss amid coronavirus pandemic.

The NITs and IITs have reportedly decided to conduct the online examinations for B. Tech final year students to avoid academic year loss amid coronavirus pandemic. Citing the chaos over the delay in exams such as facing delay in placements and higher studies, the arrangements were made to students to hold the examinations online. Against this backdrop, IIT Tirupati and Tadepalligudem NIT has developed a special software for conduction of online exams.

The online exams will be held from June 1 for Tadepalligudem NIT final Year Students. It is said that the 75% weightage would be given for mid and internal exams conducted in colleges and for remaining 25% marks, online exams be conducted. With the special software, the students would download the paper after activating camera in computer, laptop and mobile phone. Academic Dean BRK Shastri said the camera will be monitor the students.

IIT Tirupati dean Satyanarayana said, "In the wake of coronavirus, they are conducting online exams as there is no chance for students to come and write exams." However, he said that these exams would not be given grades instead only result of pass or fail would be given.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories