- Construction of water tank and classrooms at GVMC school initiated
- Soft skills formula for smarter recruitment
- IIT Madras develops green technology to combat AMR
- ‘Manjummel Boys’ reaches Rs 100 Cr mark
- PM Modi offers prayers at Secunderabad Mahankali temple
- BJP strides ahead, Oppn falters
- Here is the new update on Mahesh Babu-Rajamouli film
- Indian Apps Delisted: Telecom Minister Challenges Google's Authority
- Rana joins the sets of Superstar’s next
- ‘Family Star’ teaser: Anticipation reaching a fever pitch
Plastic surgery proved costly
It is a sad story of a young man whose desire to have good-looking face proved him costly as he lost his mental balance. Parents of the victim blame it on plastic surgeon “who charged Rs 4 lakh to make a mentally sound person into insane in the name of surgery to make appearance of patient attractive.
Bhimavaram: It is a sad story of a young man whose desire to have good-looking face proved him costly as he lost his mental balance. Parents of the victim blame it on plastic surgeon "who charged Rs 4 lakh to make a mentally sound person into insane in the name of surgery to make appearance of patient attractive."
According to police, Marni Siva of Apparao Thota area here had suffered burns when he was five. He has a lifetime desire of appearing charming just like others. A mechanic by profession, he earned good name and fame of putting faulty bikes and cars in condition. He worked day and night to pool money for surgery which guaranteed him good-looking face.
With the money, he approached Dr Sunkara Anil at Rest House road and started appearing for sittings to improve his face. Six months ago, the first operation was conducted on his face. Three months back, another side of his face was operated. Since then, there has been a change in Siva's mental attitude.
His mother Mani complained that Siva was talking non-sense and not in a position to understand whatever he listens to. Following this, his relatives questioned the doctor over the ill-effects of the treatment. The doctor, however, was not ready to own responsibility for the pathetic state of the patient.
Following this, Mani complained to the One-Town police here alleging the doctor responsible for the deterioration of Siva's condition. She said Siva was the only breadwinner of the family and they lost livelihood because of his mental illness. SI Harikrishna said that they would register a case after taking clarification from medical superintendent over the issue.