- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
Prakasam Barrage receives floodwater in Vijayawada
Twenty crest grates of Prakasam Barrage were opened on Tuesday to release the floodwater into the sea.
Vijayawada: Twenty crest grates of Prakasam Barrage were opened on Tuesday to release the floodwater into the sea. Nearly 20,000 cusecs of floodwater was released from Prakasam Barrage.
According to officials, 50,000 cusecs are coming from the catchment area of Prakasam Barrage. The barrage is receiving floodwater as heavy rain was recorded in the downstream of Pulichintala Project and several parts of Khammam district. Krishna District Collector Md Imtiaz instructed the authorities to alert the people who are living in the low-lying areas.
He also stated that about 20,000 cusecs of water was being released from Prakasam Barrage into the canals for irrigation purpose. However, rainfall in the catchment area of Pulichintala caused floods to Prakasam Barrage, said the Collector on the occasion. The people need not worry and the situation would return to normalcy within 48 hours, the officials said.