- Penukonda TDP candidate thanks cadre for making Naidu's meeting successful
- With Rajeev Chandrasekhar hitting Thiruvananthapuram base, has Shashi Tharoor finally got a challenger?
- Oats vs. Millets: Which Grains Pack a Punch in Nutrition?
- Didn't siphon off funds, $533 mn with our 100 pc non-US subsidiary: Byju's
- Yemeni boy is 2nd youngest in India to undergo thyroid cancer surgery
- My biggest pain is I don’t enjoy my success as much as I should have: Ashwin ahead of his 100th Test
- Swiggy partners with IRCTC to provide food delivery service on trains
- Apple hit with $2 billion EU antitrust fine in Spotify case
- SEBI issues show-cause notice to PC Jeweller alleging non-compliance of disclosure requirements
- 'My swearing in ceremony will be in Vizag’: CM
Prakasam people welcome Subhakrith Nama Samvatsaram with fervour
- Temples witness heavy rush right from early hours
- Panchanga Sravanam and Kavi Sammelanams held at various places
Ongole: Common people, employees, officers and politicians in Prakasam district welcomed the Subhakrith Nama Samvatsara Ugadi with great fervour on Saturday.
The temples in the district witnessed a heavy rush in the morning and several organisations conducted Kavi Sammelanams and Panchanga Sravanam to forecast the future of the public under the zodiac signs.
In the official celebrations of the Telugu New Year (Ugadi) held by the district administration at the Spandana Hall at the Collectorate, Collector Pravin Kumar wished that the entire district people should lead healthy and happy lives and contribute to the development of the district.
Ongole Mayor Gangada Sujatha, MP Magunta Srinvasulu Reddy, Prakasam District ZP chairperson Buchepalli Venkayamma, other officials and people's representatives participated in the celebrations and extended their wishes to the people.
Famous temples in the district were thronged by devotees from early morning and they offered special prayers. The Saibaba temples at Santha Pet and Lawyer Pet also witnessed heavy rush and devotees stood in queue lines for darshan of the deity.
In the evening, priest Mathampalii Dakshinamurthy organised the Panchanga Sravavanam at the Santha Pet Saibaba temple. Devotees made a beeline to Srigiri Venkateswara Swamy temple to participate in special pujas, including Suvarna Ashtadalapadma Padarchana, Ugadi Asthanam and Panchanga Sravanam on the premises.
As part of the Ugadi celebrations, BJP OBC Morcha State member Tanikonda Suresh Yadav conducted Annadanam to the poor at the RTC Bus stand premises. Kisan Morcha vice-president Puli Krishnareddy, Yuva Morcha leader Sivaji Yadav and others also participated in the programme. Ongole TDP leaders organised Ugadi celebrations at NTR Bhavan along with puja and Panchanga Sravanam.
SP Malika Garg and her husband, CM Security officer Vakul Jindal along with their family members participated in the puja at Sri Sitaramachandra Swamy Devasthanam at the district police headquarters.
The SP extended Ugadi wishes to the police families and announced that enough security would be provided at the temples in the district to help the devotees have pleasant darshan of the deities. The SP and her husband also participated in Panchanga Sravanam and distributed copies of Bhagavad Gita to the devotees.