- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Rajahmundry: Need for sports to students stressed
- Principal of SKVT govt degree college says summer camps bring out latent skills of students’
- 40-day long summer coaching camp concludes at the college
Rajamahendravaram (East Godavari district): Dr Abel Rajababu, principal of SKVT Government Degree College said that summer camps are very useful for bringing out the latent skills of students. The summer coaching camp organised by the Basketball District Sports Authority and City Basketball Association jointly for 40 days from May 1 at SKVT Degree College Grounds concluded on Saturday.
Participating in the programme as the chief guest, Dr Rajababu said that in today’s competitive world sports are important for students along with studies. Sports contribute a lot to physical and mental health, he added.
Chamber of Commerce past president Dondampati Satyam Babu who presided over said that students can achieve anything when they are healthy and fit. District sports development officer (DSDO) Seshagiri said that the training camps were conducted with high standards in the presence of expert coaches. If parents encourage their children in sports, they will scale new heights in future, he added. Summer camp Coordinator Dr D V Ramanamurthy, Handball Association president S Sairam, advocate R Rambabu, college Telugu department head Dr P V B Sanjeeva Rao, chief coach Shira Gangadhar Rao, PA Kishore Babu, S Anil Kumar and others were present. Appreciation certificates and mementos were given to the students who excelled in various sports.