- Bhumana credits volunteers for success of govt schemes
- Congress yet to see Sharmila’s impact in Vizianagaram
- Ambati predicts Naidu’s defeat in Kuppam
- Muslims’ political representation is poor despite their key role in elections
- Minister Jayaram all set to join TDP
- Career opportunities for students in Design Education
- Rajasthan: SUV rams into procession after driver suffers heart attack; dies
- Pakistan beat India by 5 wickets in Friendship Cricket Series for the Blind in UAE
- MVA to seal seat sharing deal in Feb-end: AICC leader Ramesh Chennithala
- TDP leader Dr Pemmasani Chandrasekhar performed pujas in the temples
Rajamahendravaram: Tributes paid to Jyotirao on his death anniversary
East Godavari district collector K Madhavi Latha, Rajanagaram MLA Jakkampudi Raja and Joint Collector N Tej Bharat paid tributes to Mahatma Jyotirao Govindrao Phule on his 133rd death anniversary here on Tuesday.
Rajamahendravaram: East Godavari district collector K Madhavi Latha, Rajanagaram MLA Jakkampudi Raja and Joint Collector N Tej Bharat paid tributes to Mahatma Jyotirao Govindrao Phule on his 133rd death anniversary here on Tuesday.
Speaking on the occasion, collector called upon everyone to work hard to achieve the ambition of Mahatma Jyotirao Phule, who is the beacon of hope of the backward communities and the pioneer of community development.
Jyotirao Phule and his wife Savitri Bai pioneered social change by spreading women’s education and said that their efforts especially for the spread of women’s education are unforgettable.
MLA Jakkampudi Raja said that the state government is conducting many welfare and development programmes for people. Phule wanted all the backward classes to develop, and Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy is working with BCs to develop them at the field level, he said. He said that Jagan Mohan Reddy’s regime is giving BCs the power of rule.
BC welfare officer P Ramesh also participated in the programme.