- TDP-Jana Sena alliance unstoppable, declares Naidu
- Popular TS leaders’ statues to adorn Tank Bund
- YSRCP second-rung leaders want sitting MLAs changed
- Pak-bound ship with N-parcel seized
- Farmers cry hoarse for justice amidst borewell seizures
- 42-target set for Bengal BJP
- Modi from Varanasi again
- Traffic restrictions imposed ahead of PM Modi's Adilabad visit
- 13th CREDAI Hyderabad Property Show from March 8
- CM Revanth Reddy anguished over malnutrition among women, children in TS
RTA staff intensify fitness checks for school buses
Road transport department officials have intensified fitness checks for private school buses in the district to protect the safety of school children.
Srikakulam: Road transport department officials have intensified fitness checks for private school buses in the district to protect the safety of school children. In Srikakulam district, of the 615 total school buses, fitness test was completed for 418 buses and the remaining 197 buses fitness to be completed shortly.
As per safety norms, school buses must be in condition regarding steering system, lighting, breaks, emergency exit, horns, indicators, first aid kit, fire safety material and side racks to
keep students' bags. School name, brief address and phone numbers must be displayed on three dimensions of bus and on front side, at least school name should be displayed. Drivers' age should be below 60 years and they should check up their health every year and licence should be renewed after end of period. Phone numbers of drivers should be given to road transport officials.
Details of cleaners should also be given to road transport officials. Along with students, one authorised person of the school like class teacher should be traveled. Managements of concerned schools should register their details in 'MeeSeva.'
As per RTA office slot period, school buses should be parked at road transport office area for fitness test. After verifying the buses, officials will issue fitness certificates. "Fitness test must for all school buses, we are not allowing buses to ply without fitness tests" Regional Transport Officer for Srikakulam region J Ram Kumar said.