- Telangana farmers worry about power cuts
- IIT Kanpur, Conlis Global sign MoU for new indigenously developed bone regeneration tech
- Japan's stock index surpasses record high set 34 years ago
- Farmers halt agitation for two days
- Jyothika's Hindi Comeback: 'Shaitan' Trailer Unleashes Horror Magic!
- Punjab to present budget on March 5
- Chlega Kafila Yaar Ka: Actor Gautam Yadav Takes Lead in Upcoming Song
- IIT Jodhpur's 1st 'Make in India' breath sensor to detect alcohol, asthma
- Audimulapu Suresh assures support to kin of Kanna Venkateshwarlu
- Delhi HC disposes appeal against single-judge who rejected restraining order on BharatPe's Grover over unpaid shares
Sastrartha training camp aims at bringing proficiency
A 15-day residential camp entitled ‘All India Sastrartha Training Camp’ will be conducted by Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha (RSVP) from June 1 to 15.
Tirupati: A 15-day residential camp entitled 'All India Sastrartha Training Camp' will be conducted by Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha (RSVP) from June 1 to 15. Over 100 applicants showed enthusiasm in participating in this training camp from across the country.
A screening examination along with a viva-voce was held on May 31 and eventually 64 students are selected. Various reputed scholars from different parts of the country will teach the students in this training camp on chosen topics in seven Sastras-Navya Nyaya, Vyakarana, Purva Mimamsa, Sahitya, Advaita Vedanta, Dwaita Vedanta and Jyotisha.
Selected scholars will also demonstrate the traditional 'Vakyartha' (method of debate) in their concerned subjects and shall train the students also to perform the same. Among other things, the training camp aims to achieve in-depth teaching of Sastric topics including the knotty parts shall be done by various scholars of high repute. Chosen students will have the golden opportunity of learning the Sastras under proficient, well-versed scholars.
After the selection of participants, the inaugural programme was held at Prof Ramaranjam Mukherjee auditorium of RSVP where Prof O Sriramalala Sarma, co-ordinator of the training camp gave a brief outline on the aims and objectives of the training camp.
President Awardee and retired principal Gautami Vidyapeetha Prof V Gopalakrishna Sastry was the chief guest. Speaking on the occasion, he reminded the utmost need in protecting this unique feature of Indian tradition which helped in carrying forward the philosophical debates and human thought.
Prof V Muralidhara Sharma, Vice-Chancellor of Vidyapeetha presided over the function. He reiterated that the Vidyapeetha would always be a forerunner in the field of Sanskrit and would put in all efforts to promulgate our ancient Indian Sastras and heritage.
Registrar Prof GSR Krishna Murthy, Dean Prof Rani Sadasiva Murthy, Dr K Viswanatha, Dr Narayanachar, Dr OGP Kalyana Sastry and other faculty of the Vidyapeetha were also present.