- Gandhi Jayanti 2023: Songs, Movies, and Actors That Remind Us of Mahatma Gandhi!
- Eradicate sense of animosity, says Haryana Guv on Gandhi Jayanti
- Infant formula, fizzy drinks in babies may raise early obesity risk
- Sampu becomes kingmaker in ‘Martin Luther King’ teaser
- Government approves extension in central deputation tenure of UIDAI CEO Amit Agrawal
- Sectors with the highest 1-year dividend yield
- Philippine President, VP's approval & trust ratings dip
- Modi promises ‘pakka ghar’ and tap connection to each poor in Rajasthan
- Bihar government releases caste-based survey: EBCs highest in number
- The magic of audio deepening travel experience with kids
Srikakulam to get Shilparamam soon
The district will get Shilparamam soon as the government had allotted Rs 6 crore for the same.
Srikakulam: The district will get Shilparamam soon as the government had allotted Rs 6 crore for the same. Two years ago, revenue, tourism officials had identified 10 acres of land under Ponnada village limits.
The lands are located on hilly area and situated adjacent to Nagavali river and near to Srikakulam city. The State government has given its nod for allotment of 10 acres land and Rs 6 crore funds for the purpose.
Existing Shilparamams in Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam are getting good response from public in the two cities. In this backdrop, the Tourism department officials prepared proposals for establishment of a Shilparamam in Srikakulam also to promote cultural activities, trade fairs and classical dance programmes.
The ten acres land has been categorised as seven zones in Shilparamam to set up entrance plaza, auditorium, convention centre, craft village for artisans, outdoor exhibition, restaurant, open air theatre, cottages for tourists, children playground, park, walking track and gaming areas for adults.
"We are going to complete the Shilparamam project within a year and tourists from other parts and residents of Srikakulam and its surrounding areas will get recreation soon," District Tourism Promotion Officer N Narayana Rao told to The Hans India.