- AAP PAC meeting to be held on February 27, likely to announce candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Sanganer Railway Station in Raj speaks story of hand block printing from 16th century, says PM Modi
- Bhavish Aggarwal launches India's AI chatbot 'Krutrim AI'
- Congress MP from Jharkhand’s Singhbhum seat, Geeta Koda joins BJP
- Zerodha CEO Nithin Kamath suffers mild stroke, on path to recovery
- PM Modi to roll out infra projects worth Rs 17,300cr in Tamil Nadu
- Rural livelihoods have seen an improvement implying success of govt policy
- PM Modi to inaugurate projects worth Rs 1,800cr in Kerala on Feb 27
- Will not let child marriages happen, says Assam CM
- Sony Pictures denies reports of acquiring stake in OTT platform Aha
Training programme for micro observers held
Micro observers play a vital role in observing the process of vote counting and they should ensure to follow the guidelines issued by the election commission said East Godavari collector Kartikeya Mishra.
Kakinada: Micro observers play a vital role in observing the process of vote counting and they should ensure to follow the guidelines issued by the election commission said East Godavari collector Kartikeya Mishra.
Addressing the micro observers at the training classes conducted for the 3 parliamentary and 19 Assembly constituencies at Ambedkar Bhavan, here on Tuesday, the collector said that each counting will have 10 to 14 counting tables and one micro observer will take care for each table.
The collector also said that counting of postal ballots will be taken up first and then the votes in EVMs. The collector said the micro observers are supposed to submit the round wise information on voting to central observers present in the counting halls. Kartikeya Mishra also said that 38 central observers will monitor the counting process in the district.
The collector asked the staff to be at respective counting centres by 6 am and they will be allotted counting duties through randomisation. Central observers Dr Maneesh, Biju C, Praveen Kumar, P Deore, Jayendra kumar Roohi khan, Joint collector A Mallikarjuna attended the programme.