- Stem cell therapy shows promise for reducing signs of Alzheimer's
- Women’s Reservation Bill: Could not make it Parliament due to traffic jam, says MP Komatireddy
- ‘Gopichand32’ regular shoot begins in Italy
- Allu Arjun becomes new face of Flipkart; here are some commercials of the ‘Pushpa’ actor
- Dulquer Salmaan, Venky Atluri’s ‘Lucky Baskhar’ shoot commences
- Increasing support for Naidu in the form of Post Cards
- PM Modi reaches BJP’s ‘Karyakarta Mahakumbh’ in Bhopal, takes round of Jamboori Maidan
- PL Sector Report: Agro Chemicals & Fertilizers - Weekly Update – Crop acreages marginally up +0.3% YoY; Cumulative rainfall as on 20th Sep’23 down 7% YoY
- Rajasthan's heirtage forts are drivers of state's tourism economy
- Dengue cases in Bengal top 38K mark
Visakhapatnam: Mallela Om Prakash dies of kidney failure
- Om Prakash was convicted in the murder case of Julakanti Srinivas Reddy alias Moddu Seenu and was sentenced to life imprisonment
- He was shifted to Visakhapatnam Central Jail in 2016
Visakhapatnam: Mallela Om Prakash, who was undergoing life imprisonment at the Central Prison, Visakhapatnam, after being convicted in the murder case of Julakanti Srinivas Reddy alias Moddu Seenu, died in the wee hours of Sunday due to kidney ailment at King George Hospital.
Moddu Seenu was an accused in the murder case of TDP leader Paritala Ravi.
Though Om Prakash died in the early hours of Sunday, it came to light on Monday. It is said that he visited KGH on Saturday as a part of his renal treatment but developed discomfort again on Sunday morning.
According to the Superintendent of the Central Prison S Rahul, the prisoner was suffering from a kidney problem and undergoing dialysis at the hospital. Om Prakash was sentenced to life term and was shifted to Visakhapatnam Central Jail on medical grounds in 2016.
His family members were informed about his death, added the official.