- Crocodile dies after coming under train in Karnataka
- BJP leaders should give the correct script to PM Modi in Nizamabad - Palla Rajeshwar Reddy
- Shorter course of radiation therapy safe for early-stage breast cancer patients
- Google Pixel 8 series listed on Flipkart before India launch; Pre-orders start on October 5
- Global economy taking a turn for worse, caution ahead: Zoho’s Sridhar Vembu
- Gandhi is the only Mahatma and Father of the Nation: Siddaramaiah
- Why India must continue to engage with Maldives despite election of pro-China President
- Unveiling Pahadi Thal: A culinary odyssey through the Himalayas
- Kharge meets Maken, a day after appointing him as Congress treasurer
- September 2023 Australia's driest month on record since 1900
Visakhapatnam: State ready to allocate more funds for NAD flyover works says Botcha Satyanarayana
The stretch extending from Rushikonda to Bhogapuram Airport will be developed on all fronts, stated Minister for Municipal Administration and Urban Development Botcha Satyanarayana here on Monday
Visakhapatnam: The stretch extending from Rushikonda to Bhogapuram Airport will be developed on all fronts, stated Minister for Municipal Administration and Urban Development Botcha Satyanarayana here on Monday.
Taking stock of the works at NAD flyover, the Minister said the beautification and lighting works of the flyover will be completed at the earliest.
Speaking to the media, the Minister said the government was ready to allot another Rs 20 crore for the project if required. Minister Satyanarayana said the flyover works pending for years would soon be accelerated. In order to overcome traffic problems, the Minister said, plans were afoot to construct more number of flyovers in the city and they would take shape as soon as the detailed project reports are prepared.
As part of the coastline development from RK Beach to the Park Hotel, works are in progress with the assistance of World Bank funds to the tune of Rs 100 crore.
Speaking about the property tax, the Minister said, "The government has decided to increase the property tax below 15 per cent and there is nothing much to worry about the hike."
Accompanying Satyanarayana to the venue, Tourism Minister Muttamsetti Srinivasa Rao said a six-lane road would be constructed from RK Beach to Bhogapuram. Visakhapatnam would not only be developed as the Executive capital of the state but also as a tourism hub, he said.
VMRDA Commissioner P Koteswara Rao, District Collector V Vinay Chand, GVMC Commissioner G Srijana and other officials accompanied the ministers.
Later, ministers Satyanarayana and Srinivasa Rao inspected the multi-level car parking (MLCP) facility and witnessed a trail run. Along with the ministers, GVMC Commissioner G Srijana, Chief Engineer Venkateswarlu, SE Vinay Kumar and other officials visited the MLCP located Jagadamba junction.