- National and International Days Of June 2023
- Watch Galli Chinnadi Video Song | Mem Famous | Goreti Venkanna | Sumanth Prabhas | Kalyan Nayak
- WhatsApp Android Bug: Do not click the link; How to fix the bug
- Worlds first 3D Printed Hindu Temple in Siddipet Soon
- Electric Vehicle manufacturers to require 13 million square feet real estate space by 2030
- KTR challenges opposition parties to announce Chief Minister candidate, says BRS will win 100 seats
- Samantha shares good words about Vijay Deverakonda
- Credit Suisse Wealth Management releases months outlook report
- Madhavan celebrating his day on sets of 'Test' is 'the best birthday gift'
- Sreenivas Bellamkonda, Saagar K Chandra, 14 Reels Plus #BSS10 Launched Grandly Today
Vizianagaram: Rename Manyam district as Parvathipuram, govt urged
Parvathipuram Zilla Sadhana Samithi (PSS) has appealed to the government to name the new district as Parvathipuram district instead of Manyam.
Vizianagaram: Parvathipuram Zilla Sadhana Samithi (PSS) has appealed to the government to name the new district as Parvathipuram district instead of Manyam. Members of the Samithi met District Collector A Suryakumari and handed over a memorandum in this regard.
They said that the town Parvathipuram has decades of history and it had its prominence even during the British rule. They said that Parvathipuram continued to have significance even in united Andhra Pradesh.
It has cultural prominence and had important government offices even before Independence. Hence a new district should be named after Parvathipuram, they urged the Collector. They said the proposed new name 'Manyam' is no way connected with the area.
The government should change the name of the districts in the interests of the local people, they added. MV Ramana, convener of the Samithi, V Dalinaidu and others met the Collector.