- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Will identify one sport for development: DC
District Collector Praveen Kumar said that the administration will identify one famous sport which is synonymous with district and take steps to achieve international and national medals by imparting training to sports talent in a big way.
Eluru: District Collector Praveen Kumar said that the administration will identify one famous sport which is synonymous with district and take steps to achieve international and national medals by imparting training to sports talent in a big way. He inspected weightlifting training centre at Indoor stadium here on Wednesday.
Speaking on the occasion, the Collector said that a plan to develop a single sport in a big way will be evolved. He directed the officials to submit a comprehensive report on which sport to be selected for development in the district. The Collector interacted with the candidates undergoing training at the training camp.
He said weightlifting, handball, basketball and other sports got popularity in the district. One best sport among them would be selected and sportspersons would be imparted training in a big way to keep the district ahead in that particular sport. Sports have significant role in society and their effort would bring name to the district at international and national level, he hoped.