- CM Revanth holds meeting with Japan company over expansion of metros in city
- KCR, KTR and Harish Rao expresses grief over Lasya Nandita’s death
- Telangana govt to implement ‘Griha Jyoti’ from Feb 27th!!!
- Thiruvananthapuram-Kasargod Express to include stop at Mangaluru
- BBMP property tax amendment bill passed in Council
- Mysuru civic workers demand improvement in breakfast quality
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker Manohar Joshi Passes Away
- Chinese boat in Indian waters
- LAccMI bus service covers all 30 dists
- President on 4-day visit to Odisha from Feb 28
YSRCP reigns supreme in Krishna district
YSRCP dominated Assembly elections in Krishna district. Of the total 16 seats, the party’s candidates won 14.
Vijayawada: YSRCP dominated Assembly elections in Krishna district. Of the total 16 seats, the party's candidates won 14. Except Gannavaram and Vijayawada east, the YSRCP candidates won the remaining 14 seats. Three ministers, Devineni Uma Maheswara Rao, K S Jawahar and Kollu Ravindra, were defeated in Mylavaram, Tiruvuru and Machilipatnam seats respectively.
Following YSRCP candidates won the elections in the district. Meka Pratap Appa Rao from Nuzvid, Jogi Ramesh from Pedana and Kodali Venkateswara Rao alias Nani in Gudivada. Kolusu Parthasarathi in Penamaluru, Simhadri Rameshbabu in Avanigadda, K Anil Kumar in Pamarru, Perni Venkata Ramaiah alias Nani in Machilipatnam, Samineni Udaya Bhanu in Jaggaiahpet, M Jaganmohana Rao in Nandigama segment, Velampalli Srinivas in Vijayawada West. Malladi Vishnu in Central seat.
Gadde Rammohan and Vallabhaneni Vamsi of TDP, both sitting candidates, won the elections from Krishna district. Meanwhile, YSRCP Machilipatnam Lok Sabha candidates V Bala Shouri was leading by over 50,000 votes against his TDP rival K Narayana by the end of 20 rounds. As per the information, Bala Shouri got 5,62,299 votes as against Narayana's 5,04,718 votes. Jana Sena Party candidate B Ramakrishna got 1,11,841 votes.