- TDP will regain glory in Telangana: Chandrababu Naidu
- Modi thanks US Speaker for inviting him to address joint meeting of Congress
- Haryana farmers protesting on NH 44 over sunflower seeds procurement baton-charged
- CM Kejriwal approves 24x7 operations for 155 shops and commercial establishments in Delhi
- Environment Excellence Award for 2023
- Homeopathy to be 2nd largest healthcare system in India, says Dr Mukesh Batra
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
Paytm trims losses by 40%, revenue hits Rs 3,629 crore in FY20
Digital payments major Paytm on Friday said its revenue for the fiscal year ended on March 31 increased to Rs 3,629 crore with a 40 per cent decline in losses.
New Delhi:Digital payments major Paytm on Friday said its revenue for the fiscal year ended on March 31 increased to Rs 3,629 crore with a 40 per cent decline in losses.
Paytm said that expanding its financial services with lending, wealth management and insurance offerings opened up new revenue streams for the company.
"We are on the path to empowering millions of Indians with digital financial services that would play a key role in building Atmanirbhar Bharat," Madhur Deora, President – Paytm, said in a statement.
"We are also investing heavily in building digital services for our merchant partners so that they can benefit from technology and financial inclusion."
The homegrown financial services platform said its Android-based point of sale system (POS) devices have also been gaining traction among small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), kirana stores and getting adopted rapidly.
Over 17 million merchant partners benefiting from its payment and financial services, according to the company which has launched a slew of merchant focused products such as Paytm for Business app, Soundbox, Business Khata and Payout services, among others.
The company is also working towards becoming a dominant digital financial services platform with Paytm Postpaid, Paytm Money & Paytm Insurance services contributing an increased turnover in the coming fiscal years.
It recently launched Stock Trading on its online investment and wealth management platform Paytm Money.
The company said that it is in the process of hiring over 1,000 engineers, data scientists, financial analysts among other positions for tech and non-tech roles.