- Chemistry Nobel goes to trio behind quantum dots
- What’s Cooking? Cooking gas subsidy doubled in a month
- Now, 2 Nagpur govt hospitals report 23 deaths in 24 hours
- Centre notifies Turmeric Board
- Delhi Liquorgate: ED arrests AAP MP Sanjay Singh
- Modi bursts tie-up bubble with BRS, says Javadekar
- Avanigadda: Let Jana Sena be for TDP, TDP for Jana Sena says Pawan Kalyan
- BRS manifesto to outwit BJP, Congress
- Vijayawada: BJP leaders caught in cleft stick over N Chandrababu Naidu arrest
- Asian Games: Neeraj, men's relay team stars as athletes push India's medal tally
Sebi scraps registration of Karvy Stock Broking
Capital markets regulator Sebi on Wednesday cancelled the registration of brokerage firm Karvy Stock Broking Ltd (KSBL) for mis-utilising clients’ funds and securities.
New Delhi : Capital markets regulator Sebi on Wednesday cancelled the registration of brokerage firm Karvy Stock Broking Ltd (KSBL) for mis-utilising clients’ funds and securities.
Cancelling the registration, Sebi said that Karvy was involved in transferring of funds from clients’ accounts to own accounts. Such funds were, in turn transferred to the group companies of the brokerage house. Further, it raised funds by pledging clients’ securities. Going by the order, the overall borrowing of Karvy, which was raising loans from financial institutions by pledging shares of its clients as collateral, was Rs2,032.67 crore by September 2019 and the value of securities pledge by the stock broker was Rs2,700 crore during the period. In addition, the brokerage firm did not settle clients’ funds and securities, failed to furnish details of bank accounts and depository participant accounts and failed to cooperate with the forensic auditor in the proper assessment of the assets and liabilities of the member towards clients, Sebi said in its order.