7th Siliguri Short & Documentary Film Festival (SSDFF) 2019
Organised by: SILIGURI CINE SOCIETY Festival Date: 31 Jan-2 Feb 2020
The Siliguri Short and Documentary Film Festival (SSDFF) was created to celebrate the art of filmmaking and to honour the filmmakers who make it all possible. This is a festival dedicated to rewarding artists for their individual talents and for their creative expression through the medium of film. The festival strives to bring together in Siliguri filmmakers from all corners of India by promoting artistic and creative independent and experimental short and documentary films.
All the films will go through a reviewable process by our highly experienced juries, who will go through an evaluation process and select the films.
We aspire to promote, recognize and support independent filmmakers throughout India by hosting a variety of awards in order to provide the best opportunities for filmmakers, helping them receive recognition. We welcome submissions from two genres of films --- short films and documentaries.
We believe our film festival will give filmmakers a chance to showcase their work to a very wide range of audiences. We are very excited to review your film and observe the detailed creativity of your work!
Awards & Prizes
All projects officially selected will receive the SSDFF official laurel and the customized certificate of achievement according to their final status in the competition.
Our jury will select the following winners of each category:
a) Best Short Film: A cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- to be shared equally between the Director and Producer. Director is to be given the GOLDEN ELEPHANT and a certificate in addition to the cash component. Producer will get a certificate in addition to the cash component.
b) Best Documentary: A cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- to be shared equally between the Director and Producer. Director is to be given the GOLDEN ELEPHANT and a certificate in addition to the cash component. Producer will get a certificate in addition to the cash component.
c) Best Director: GOLDEN ELEPHANT trophy and a certificate will be presented to the best director (short films/documentaries).
d) Best Cinematographer: GOLDEN ELEPHANT trophy and a certificate will be presented to the best cinematographer (short films/documentaries).
e) Best Short Film from North Bengal: GOLDEN ELEPHANT trophy and a certificate will be presented to the best short film from North Bengal (short films/documentaries).
f) Best Documentary from North Bengal: GOLDEN ELEPHANT trophy and a certificate will be presented to the best documentary film from North Bengal (short films/documentaries).
Rules & Terms
We are accepting submissions for the following programs: a) Short Narrative Film (Less than 30 minutes) b) Short Documentary Film (Less than 45 minutes)
1. Short films must be fiction films.
2. The films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English).
3. All fees are non-refundable.
4. SSDFF is not responsible for broken or non-functioning films.
5. Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions for non-English films, or video resolution less than 1080p HD) will be rejected.
6. SSDFF is a competitive event and unless notified otherwise, all films officially selected are eligible for competition. Not all submissions received are selected for SSDFF.
7. SSDFF reserves the right to refuse to accept any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate. Should you wish to question SSDFF about their decision, you can contact us by email on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Films must be completed between 1st October 2017 and 30th September 2019 and duly authenticated by entrant in the entry form.
9. Please submit the preview link of your film preferably in mp4 format (resolution not less than720p) through Vimeo, Google Drive, YouTube or wetransfer etc., scanned entry form & fee payment details at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
10. The selected films must be available for festival screening on High Quality MP4 through Vimeo, Google Drive, YouTube or wetransfer etc. (Required Resolution 1080p).
11. Eminent Juries will be appointed by the Siliguri Short and Documentary Film Festival (SSDFF) Authority. No person with any involvement in the films will be present on the Jury.
12. The Director of the festival has the power to waive any of the above-mentioned rules.
Entry submission deadlines and entry fees:
·Early bird deadline: October 2, 2019, Entry Fees Rs. 300 ·Standard deadline: November 2, 2019, Entry Fees Rs. 400 ·Final deadline: December 2, 2019, Entry Fees Rs. 500 ·Extended deadline: January 2, 2020, Entry Fees Rs. 700 ·Late Extended deadline: January 10, 2020, Entry Fees Rs. 900
Payment can be made electronically in the following account:
Account Name: Siliguri Cine Society
A/C No: 11168681419
IFSC Code: SBIN000184
Bank: State Bank of India, Siliguri Branch
Demand Draft in favour of 'Siliguri Cine Society', payable at Siliguri.
All correspondence should be made to the following address:
Address: Pradip Nag,
Secretary, Siliguri Cine Society
HNAF, Saibal Mansion, 16 Hill Cart Road,
Siliguri-734001, Dist-Darjeeling (WB)