- Weekly Market Review 01-10-2023
- MP Vijayasai releases ‘Sahithi Sailam’ book
- Legal Circles dt. 01-10-2023
- India-US Relations At Optimal Comfort Level, Says Foreign Minister Jaishankar
- Corporate medical facilities at doorstep of poor: Kakani Govardhan Reddy
- A Focus on Multicultural Wedding Photography
- Devotees rush increases to Tirumala, Sarvadarshans to take 24 hours
- Wellness Wonders: Goa’s Transformation into a Fitness Mecca
- 20 CC cameras sanctioned for Nandikotkur sub-jail
- Gear up to win all Assembly seats in Tirupati dist: Vijayasai
'AndhaDhun' sets record in China
Actor Ayushmann Khurrana's ‘AndhaDhun’ registered business of over Rs 200 crore in China since its release on April 3, making its way into the top five grossing Hindi films in the country.
Actor Ayushmann Khurrana's 'AndhaDhun' registered business of over Rs 200 crore in China since its release on April 3, making its way into the top five grossing Hindi films in the country.
Sriram Raghavan's 'AndhaDhun', featuring Ayushmann as a blind man, was widely appreciated in India. Now, it is making waves in China, where films of Aamir Khan and Salman Khan have done well. Produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Matchbox Pictures, it released as the 'Piano Player' in China.
According to a statement from the makers, the film, also starring Tabu and Radhika Apte, has earned over Rs 200 crore in just 13 days.
Trade expert Taran Adarsh tweeted: "'AndhaDhun' crosses $30 million/Rs 200 crore in China ... Business on (second) Saturday and Sunday is 'higher' than (first) Saturday and Sunday ... (Week 2) Friday $2.03 million, Saturday $4.45 million, Sunday $3.78 million. Total: $30.06 million (Rs 208.17 crore)... Power of solid content."
Adarsh added: "Highest grossing Indian films in China -- 'Dangal', 'Secret Superstar', 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan', 'Hindi Medium'... 'AndhaDhun' is all set to surpass lifetime business of 'Hindi Medium' and emerge the fourth highest grossing film in China."
Producer Sanjay Routray, founder of Matchbox Pictures, said: "This April has been exciting for all of us. 'AndhaDhun' has raked in over Rs 200 crore at the Chinese box office and is still going strong."