- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Nushrat Bharucha caught in 'image trap'
Actress Nushrat Bharucha says the image the ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama’ franchise created for her was the reason she was getting similar roles and films so far.
Actress Nushrat Bharucha says the image the 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama' franchise created for her was the reason she was getting similar roles and films so far.
In an interview, Nushrat had said that the only thing which is hurting is she not getting different kind of roles.
"The image 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama' 1 and 2 had created for me. I was getting offered the similar kind of roles and similar films. And I felt that I dont want to do this.
I want to do something I have not done before... I feel like why cant an actor be seen like an actor who can act in any sort of part and role," Nushrat said.
Nushrat said that the craft-building takes time. "But you only build it if you are constantly going to be doing it. If you dont give it to me then how will I build my craft.
It is two way street. You got to have that faith to take those initial steps towards your actor and trust your actor," she said. But the actress has nothing to complain anymore.
"I don't have that complain anymore. 'Turram Khan', 'Hurdang' and 'Dream Girl for me are very different from what I have done and different from each other as well.
So I am glad that people are giving me that opportunity and hope I stand true to it," she said.