- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
Ranveer terms his next as miracle script
In the midst of working on ‘83’, actor Ranveer Singh has signed up another film. He will play a Gujarati in Yash Raj Films' (YRF) ‘Jayeshbhai Jordaar’, to be helmed by debutant writer-director Divyang Thakkar.
In the midst of working on '83', actor Ranveer Singh has signed up another film. He will play a Gujarati in Yash Raj Films' (YRF) 'Jayeshbhai Jordaar', to be helmed by debutant writer-director Divyang Thakkar.
The actor calls it a "miracle script". The project, a humorous entertainer set in Gujarat, is being produced by YRF's homegrown producer Maneesh Sharma, who also discovered Divyang, and it will go on floors this October.
Describing the film, Ranveer says: " 'Jayeshbhai...' is a film with a big heart. In its concept as well as in its appeal, it encompasses the broadest spectrum of the cinema-loving audience - it's a film for everyone. It is, in fact, a amiracle script' that YRF found for me out of nowhere.
"The sheer brilliance of the writing compelled me to immediately green-light this film. Both humorous and poignant, 'Jayeshbhai...' is right up there with the most solid on-paper material I've ever come across."
Ranveer has been on a roll in the industry, and has worked with top filmmakers like Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Rohit Shetty, Zoya Akhtar and Kabir Khan. After amassed nationwide love as an actor across all demographics, it was natural for him to back a newcomer.