- Women are way ahead of time in today’s world, says Vidya Balan
- Nani, Shruti Haasan comes with a party anthem ‘Odiyamma’ from ‘Hi Nanna’
- IOC corners more than a third of D6 gas in latest Reliance auction
- 30-plus countries to participate in Bengaluru Tech Summit starting tomorrow
- Producer Subhash Nuthalapati speaks high about ‘Atharva’
- Tamil Nadu to set up footwear park at an outlay of Rs 400 cr: Chief Minister Stalin
- Gold price climb Rs 100; silver unchanged at Rs 78,200 per kg
- Sri Lanka implements free tourist visas to nationals from India and six other countries
- Rupee recovers from record lows; rises 6 paise to settle at 83.34 against US dollar
- Stock markets close higher on fag-end buying; snap two-day losing streak
Shabana Azmi injured in car accident
Actor Shabana Azmi and another person were injured in an accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway in Maharashtra's Raigad district on Saturday, the police said. Azmi was rushed to MGM Hospital in Navi Mumbai and was said to be out of danger, said a police official.
Mumbai : Actor Shabana Azmi and another person were injured in an accident on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway in Maharashtra's Raigad district on Saturday, the police said. Azmi was rushed to MGM Hospital in Navi Mumbai and was said to be out of danger, said a police official.
Her husband and lyricist Javed Akhtar, who was travelling with her, escaped unhurt. The incident took place near Khalapur, over 60 km from Mumbai, when the Tata Safari car in which they were traveling to Pune rammed into a truck, said Raigad Superintendent of Police Anil Paraskar.
A local police official said the car driver was apparently trying to overtake another vehicle and rammed into the truck. One more person who was travelling in the car sustained minor injuries, he said. His identity was not known yet. Azmi's spokesperson said the actor was undergoing a check-up. "She is fine, nothing to worry about," the spokesperson added.
Javed Akhtar celebrated his 75th birthday on Friday. "Shabana Azmi injured in road accident on Mumbai-Pune Expressway OMG! Praying so hard," actor Swara Bhaskar tweeted. Azmi is known for her path-breaking roles in films such as "Arth", "Ankur", "Paar", "Masoom" and "Godmother".
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday wished actor Shabana Azmi a quick recovery after she met with an accident. "The news of @AzmiShabana ji's injury in an accident is distressing. I pray for her quick recovery," he wrote on Twitter.