- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
What about ripped shirts? Asks Adnan Sami
Adnan Sami on Friday joined the social media discussion on the ongoing ripped jeans controversy.
Adnan Sami on Friday joined the social media discussion on the ongoing ripped jeans controversy. The singer's take comes with a spot of humour. Adnan tweeted a photo of a man whose belly is showing from the gap between the two buttons of his shirt. Seated behind him is a young girl wearing ripped jeans.
Sharing the photo, the singer wrote: "Since we're so concerned about 'everything' regardless of whether it's our business or not, can we also show concern for RIPPED SHIRTS please??!!! #RippedJeansTwitter #GirlsWhoWearRippedJeans."
The hashtag #RippedJeansTwitter started trending on Twitter after Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat commented on women wearing ripped jeans earlier this week.
He spoke about a female co-passenger on board a flight with him once, who was wearing ripped jeans and runs an NGO. Describing her attire, the Chief Minister questioned what kind of "sanskar" (values) the woman is going to give wearing ripped jeans and showing her knees.
Meanwhile, several Bollywood celebrities including Kangana Ranaut, Urmila Matondkar, Gul Panag and Nagma have tweeted over the issue using this hashtag.