- Executive Education: Paving the way for future
- Municipal out sourcing staff and workers give a petition to MLA Abraham
- PM Modi praises German singer Cassandra Mae Spittmann for her melodic voice
- Asian Games: Mighty Japan end Indian men's hopes of winning a volleyball medal
- 'I want euthanasia', says visually-challenged ex-DU teacher after losing job
- Manipur CM holds meeting to discuss fencing on stretches of India-Myanmar borders
- 2nd ODI: Gill and Iyer centuries; Suryakumar and Rahul fifties propel India to mammoth 399/5 against Australia
- 80 per cent cybercrimes from 10 districts; Bharatpur new Jamtara: Study
- 6th Edition of Japan Day - Japan Career Fair and 1st edition of Japan Week 2023 concluded at IIT Hyderabad
- NASA's first asteroid samples streaking toward Earth after release from spacecraft
Bill Nighy, Callum Turner join 'Emma' adaptation
Veteran actor Bill Nighy and "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" star Callum Turner have boarded the cast of Focus Features' new adaptation of "Emma".
Los Angeles: Veteran actor Bill Nighy and "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" star Callum Turner have boarded the cast of Focus Features' new adaptation of "Emma".
The two actors join "Split" star Anya Taylor-Joy, who is taking on the titular role of Jane Austen's classic novel, the studio said in a statement. Austen's 1815 novel is a comedy of manners that follows young Emma Woodhouse meddling in others' romantic affairs in an attempt to play matchmaker.
Nighy, 69, will portray Mr Woodhouse, Emma's father, in the project while Turner, 29, will play Frank Churchill. The film, to be directed by Autumn de Wilde, will also feature Mia Goth, Gemma Whelan, Miranda Hart, Josh O'Connor, Rupert Graves, Amber Anderson, and Tanya Reynolds.
Eleanor Catton adapted the script from Austen's novel. Working Title's Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner as well as Blueprint Pictures' Graham Broadbent and Pete Czernin are producing the project.