- Meta Verified badge arrives to India, starts from Rs 699
- 20 bogies of goods train derail in Assam; no casualty
- Karnataka High Court dismisses gynaecologist's plea to quash FIR
- Worm genetics reveals key pathways for sleep regulation: Study
- Cancel interim protection to Sameer Wankhede: CBI to Bombay High Court
- India, US discuss high-tech joint production ahead of PM Modi's visit
- India gets 57% below-average rains in first week of June
- President Murmu reaches Serbia on 3-day state visit
- Kharif crops' MSP rise in line with govt's many decisions for farmers' help: PM Modi
- Charge sheet against Brij Bhushan by June 15, WFI elections by June 30: Anurag Thakur
An anthem celebrating womanhood
A fun and spirited song has just been released from the movie ‘Saand Ki Aankh’ - ‘Womaniya’
In the last ten years, Bollywood has seen some of the best films made on the emancipation of women. Arriving soon in theatres, as the crowning glory of them all is 'Saand Ki Aankh'.
While the trailer of the upcoming movie has arrested the attention of viewers, its music gradually emerges as a power-packed album.
One such fun and spirited song to have just been released from it is "Womaniya". Voiced by Vishal Dadlani, composed by Vishal Mishra and penned by Raj Shekhar, the upbeat number has also been cut into the trailer of the film.
Any listener who hears "Womaniya" will agree that it represents the spirit of breaking stereotypes, rebelling unfair norms and celebrating womanhood, which are the central themes of the film.
Composer Vishal Mishra says, "When I first composed "Womaniya", we knew that something special has happened. I could visualise the final result.
Now when I listen to the recorded track, I get goosebumps. I can't wait for people to feel the energy, exuberance and power of the song. I am so glad that Vishal Dadlani has sung it so beautifully. It has been a beautiful process and I am eager to know the reaction of the listeners when it hits their playlist."
Lyricist Raj Shekhar says, "The song is a celebration of womanhood in all its glory. It is the voice, which is mostly unheard in the male-dominated society. It is a tribute to the struggles of our grandmothers, mothers et aliae."
Says Anurag Bedi, EVP and Head at Zee Music, "It makes all of us at Zee Music very proud to be associated with such an album. Womaniya is a fun song that symbolises feminine energy and it is contemporary and rustic at the same time.
As music partners, we're glad to have the chance to take the narrative of the film forward."
Releasing this Diwali, 'Saand Ki Aankh' is an inspirational journey of India's oldest sharpshooters, PrakashiTomar and ChandroTomar.
Presented by Reliance Entertainment and Anurag Kashyap in association with Chalk and Cheese Films, the film is directed by acclaimed scriptwriter, Tushar Hiranandani and stars TaapseePannuand Bhumi Pednekar in the lead roles.
The drama is produced by Reliance Entertainment, Anurag Kashyap and Nidhi Parmar.