- Visakhapatnam: Survivors recall their miraculous escape
- TTD introduced UPI payments to ensure more transparency: EO AV Dharma Reddy
- Visakhapatnam Port Authority to set up 15-MW solar plant
- Vijayawada: 25 swimmers selected for championship tourney
- Modi giving top priority to health, says Union Minister Bharati Pravin Pawar
- Machilipatnam: TDP celebrates Eruvaka Pournami
- Ongole: Influence politics, farmers told
- Is India ready to adopt the EV ecosystem?
- World Environment Day: Fashionable Choices to #BeatPlasticPollution
- Cancer Survivor's Day: How Can I become a cancer survivor
Parineeti to use fashion to address issues
Actress Parineeti Chopra has close to 50 million people following her digitally. She is now set to use her digital clout and stature as a fashion icon...
Actress Parineeti Chopra has close to 50 million people following her digitally. She is now set to use her digital clout and stature as a fashion icon to raise awareness on social issues.
On Tuesday, Parineeti shared a photo in which she is seen sporting a denim outfit with a blue T-shirt that has a heart shape print in the front in rainbow colours. It says, "Love is Love".
"Because...love is love #pride," Parineeti captioned the snapshot. According to a source, it was the beginning of her social media campaign that will see her continue to raise her voice on important issues that are close to her heart.
"Fashion has, is and will always make bold statements on issues affecting society. I have always strongly felt about equality and have always spoken against stereotypes. Today, I was celebrating India's massive decision to decriminalise section 377," Parineeti said.
"I will continue raising my voice on important societal issues through fashion because I feel, as celebrities, we need to bring attention to important things that are happening in and around us," she added.